Diamond Training In Our Leeds Store
Thursday - 26 June 2014
Yesterday twelve members of the C.W Sellors and W Hamond teams travelled to our W Hamond Leeds store for a training course on diamonds. Kate Hopley held the days session who is a registered ATC and correspondance tutor for the Gemmological Association Of Great Britain.
The first part of the day Kate introduced us to the following points, we discussed in depth about why these are important in the retail industry:
- Diamond certificates and the importance of them
- Grading diamonds for clarity
- Grading diamonds for colour
- Where diamonds come from and what the rough form would look like
We then enjoyed a lovely healthy lunch all together in the Victoria Quarter in Leeds.
The afternoon session was more practical and we got to use the grading equipment and do the processes ourselves! Kate was very trusting and let us loose on her diamond collection
- We used UV Lights to find out if the diamond was florescent
- Colour grading with daylight lamps and a master set of diamonds
- Using the 10 x eye glass we graded the different diamonds, looking for inclusions and blemishes and grading accordingly
- We also discussed the different values attached to certain weights and claritys
It was a very informative and enjoyable day. Thank you
Gem specialist Kate Hopley
Kelly from W Hamond Whitby, Gina from Robert & Victoria, Gemma from W Hamond Leeds
Kerry from C.W Sellors Ashbourne, Sam from C.W Sellors Bakewell, Gina From Robert & Victoria.